Stacked in Our Favor


Thoughts about libraries, education, children's literature, writing, art and being connected







Sunday, February 10, 2008

Week 6 Thing 13 - Del.icio.us

Delicious, delectable and treat for the senses...ah, but I get carried away. I have set up a del.icio.us account and though I've added just a fraction of my bookmarks it has changed the way I think about bookmarking. I love the fact that I can search my bookmarks, easily give multiple tags and don't have to sweat it too much. The fact that I so often don't even have to think of my own tags as suggestions pop up makes this really user friendly and cuts down on the time I will spend overthinking it. That could be bad in terms of quality control, but the way I see it, it can only help if it helps me to do an extra step without taking much added time.

One of the things which is interesting about del.icio.us is that it can serve as a search tool as well as a bookmarking tool. I have yet to look at the actual bookmarks of others, but I'm thinking that if I connected to the del.icio.us accounts of my library friends (that's all of you out there) I would be able to garner excellent resources without the time involved in searching myself.

I have added a del.icio.us badge to my blog, so peak at my bookmarks if you are interested.

No comments: