A marvelous thing happened to me. Children’s book author, public and school librarian and all round, wonderful friend, Ann Dixon, emailed to tell me she was bestowing The Stylish Blog Award upon me. Thank you, Ann! This act of your friendship and affirmation have made my month!
I had never heard of the award. So I looked it up only to find that there is no official source telling about the award. However, after looking at many blogs that have received the award I can tell you that the rules seem to be:
1. After saying thank you, you link back to the person who bestowed the award upon you.
2. You are to tell the world between 7 – 10 things about yourself. People vary widely on their thoughts on this.
3. You then pass the award along to anywhere from 1 – 15 bloggers you have recently found.
My Seven Things
Most of you probably don’t know that:
1 . I am obsessed with reflections. Especially how light reflects in glass and water, how culture is reflected in people and how when two cultures meet one is reflected in the other and visa versa. Last summer I contemplated starting a blog named “The Reflectionist” to showcase my photos and thoughts on reflections, but it gave way to other projects.
2. The first place my mother took me after I was born was the public library.
3. One of my more unusual jobs was being an origami test folder.
4. My first grade teacher thought I might have a problem with speech because I was so quiet in class. My mother thought she might be mistaking me for someone else.
5. My grandfather was in the circus, but I’m just a clown.
6. I took up rock climbing to help me get over my fear of heights. It didn’t work. Can’t explain what made me decide climbing Bruneschelli’s Dome to get a bird’s eye view of Florence was a good idea.
7. I love flowers, but don’t ask me to tell you what my favorite flower is. If you dare to do so, I’ll probably tell you the last flower I saw or what is in season. See what I mean?
I’m delighted to bestow the following bloggers with the Stylish Blog Award:
I couldn’t resist passing it along to long time friend, Cindi Huss at Dancing Threads
The rest of these marvelous folks I have come in contact with within the past year. I have arranged them in alphabetical order. Those of you who are familiar with my work as a school librarian know that I am crazy about alphabetical order.
Dana Carey - http://danacarey.blogspot.com
Debbie Davidson - Etegami by Dosanko Debbie http://etegamibydosankodebbie.blogspot.com
Debbie Ohi - Inky Girl
Holly Thompson Hat Books
Jim Hill - Hey, Jim Hill
Julie Hedlund - Write Up my Life
Kat Apel - Kat Whiskers
Kathleen Isaac – Grilly Fish
Paula Yoo www.paulayoo.com
Tara Lazar - Writing for Kids (While Raising Them)