Stacked in Our Favor


Thoughts about libraries, education, children's literature, writing, art and being connected







Saturday, November 21, 2009

NANOWRIMO day 21

I read this morning that I should be up to 36,000 words by the end of tomorrow to be on track! Oh my. Well, I pumped out a little more than 1,000 words after reading that, so I’m up to 19,000 words now. I’ve been to Starbuck’s and I am caffeinated and ready to get to work.

I know some people hold to the idea that you shouldn’t go back and read. The idea is to just get it all on paper. I am at the point, however, when I need to go back and see the whole so I can understand where I am going. I have to find the places which need filling out. This is my task today. I don’t know if it will help me pump out word count today, but I find that I can produce a decent amount of work if I know where to start. It is very similar to cooking. If I have a menu plan, I have little difficulty in coming home and preparing it. If, however, I have to root around the kitchen hoping an idea will pop out and grab me, that is when I find it difficult to succeed.

I have a plan. Now I hope for inspiration and concentration.

No comments: