Stacked in Our Favor


Thoughts about libraries, education, children's literature, writing, art and being connected







Monday, October 5, 2009

MSLA 2009

I’ve been attending the MSLA annual conference this weekend. I always look forward to this conference. There is so much to see, learn and ponder over. I never leave without ideas for implementing in our school. Sometimes it is overwhelming and I wonder how I will rise to the challenge. Sometimes it takes months before I even really comprehend some of the things the speakers and trainers share with us. I wonder how many things I never get. Every year I come back and find something new to stretch me and make me go farther than I thought I could go. I’m so grateful that I live in a place with so many great role models.

Yesterday morning I had the great pleasure to hear one of my favorite authors, Mitali Perkins, in a session on Books Between Cultures. I’ve read all her books, I follow her website, her blogs and yet seeing her presenting I saw a whole new facet of what she offers. Those of you who have her come visit your schools are truly fortunate.

Two great days of great inspiration, sharing of knowledge, and considering future. I have been inspired, affirmed, renewed, challenged, stretched and invigorated. Thanks MSLA.

No comments: